Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Update on Queries

I' m still far behind on any queries sent by mail in the past few months, but if you included an SASE I will respond to them all eventually. Again though, please remember that I won't be accepting or responding to mail queries that arrive after the end of the month.

As for queries sent via my electronic submission form, I am up to date on responding through yesterday. If you have not heard from me, and you used the submission form, my best guess is that you filled it out incorrectly or have a spam blocker that prevented my response. Feel free to resubmit if you like.

Finally, a point of clarification. I don't respond to all email queries - I only respond to those queries sent via my website submission form. I delete the rest.

I've had a few people suggest that my new policy is draconian. It may well be, but in return you are guaranteed 100% a response within a week. I think that's a good trade off.

2 comments:

Usman said...

Jonathon Hi,

First time here. I would definitely support the green movement and thata mail is a waste of paper, time, postage stamps.

bookfraud said...

interesting tactic -- i can't say i blame your draconian policy. i'd probably do the same. there's too many trees getting wasted, in any case.

and since you are up to date with electronic queries, i'd rather get something back quickly saying "no" than never getting something back that says "yes." if that makes any sense. at least it did to me.