Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lyons Literary Goes Dark

Well, not literally. But starting today* I will no longer be accepting any queries by mail. Once again, please use my website submission form if you'd like a response. Assuming you fill out the form correctly, you don't have a spam blocker, or no acts that occur that might qualify as force majeure, and I'm not on vacation or out of the country on business, I guarantee you'll hear from me within two weeks of submission (but usually much sooner). 

* I didn't actually post this at 12:00am, of course. 

6 comments:

Aimless Writer said...

I'm so happy to see agents go electronic. Although I know others disagree I think its easier for us and kinder to the trees.
:)

Adaora A. said...

I love this. I think it's much better for the environment. We need trees and we need nature. It's great to take advantage of the technology that is right in front of us, and give then environment a break.

Conda V. Douglas said...

I agree with aimless and adaora. And nowadays so much communication takes place via e-mail anyway. Plus you can "mail" your submission at 2 a.m.

Anonymous said...

Not an April Fool's joke? The 12:00AM time stamp makes it look suspicious.

Julie Weathers said...

Having a set parameter is nice.

I will miss the nifty little scrawled notes of encouragement on the rejection letters.

Pete said...

My family sells trees (we replant like most growers) to the paper industry. Please go back to paper.