Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memoirs Revisited and a Few Other Things.

The Christian Science Monitor has a good piece on memoirs.

A great conversation is going on over at BookEnds about "bad books."

Crown editorial director Kristen Kiser is moving to Hyperion, which I hope will be end of what has been a turbulent few months for the division.

Finally, I just read Ilona Andrews' Magic Bites, and I was very impressed. I suggest checking it out when you have a chance (sadly, I do not represent her).

6 comments:

Ryan Field said...

I like "real-ish".

Jaye Wells said...

I can't freakin' wait for the new Sedaris book--truthish or not.

Adaora A. said...

Speaking of Memoirs Mr. Lyons, how about James Frey? His BRIGHT SHINY MORNING, the "official" first work of fiction, dropped today. What say you of this?

Jonathan Lyons said...

He got a good NY Times review, but I still have no interest.

Ryan Field said...

"He got a good NY Times review, but I still have no interest."

I second that motion, with a no comment.

benwah said...

Ditto that on Frey.

Not sure if you'd find this amusing, but it's a video by writer Dennis Cass coming to grips with modern book marketing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxschLOAr-s