Friday, September 5, 2008

True Blood

My plans for the weekend? Catch up on some sleep and reading, and also watch True Blood, which premieres Sunday night on HBO. For those of you who don't know, this is a new series based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris (Dead Until Dark, Dead as a Doornail, etc.).

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping it's good and catches on with the public. Speaking from both a professional and personal point of view, there just aren't enough good paranormal television shows out there.

6 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

I'm so excited. Fingers crossed it takes off. They've got a such great ingredients it's hard to imagine it won't do well.

Dharma Kelleher said...

I'm looking forward to the series as well. I am almost finished reading Dead Until Dark and it's good.

I had thought from the cover that it was young adult, but obviously not with all the graphic sex scenes in the book.

Gee, maybe I should be a fang-banger!

Ryan Field said...

Glad you mentioned this. I knew it was coming, but wasn't sure when.

Chumplet said...

Have you ever seen Dead Like Me? I hear they're making a movie of it.

Deborah Blake said...

I love the books (and everything else she's ever written). Unfortunately, the show is on a pay channel which I don't get, and I can't see the point in paying for it just for that one show (much as I want to watch it). So I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD:(
I'd love to hear what you think!
I really liked the couple of series that were based on paranormal books recently: Dresden Files and Blood Ties. Of course, that just means they cancelled them right away... (Yes, I take these things personally!)
As an author, I'd love to see more shows based on good books!

C. Taylor said...

Just saw the first episode, and I thought it was well done. The books are great and I'm glad to see they made it into a series. The director is also fantastic, so hopefully it will be successful and long lived.

Can't wait for the Dead Like Me movie. I was devastated when they cancelled the series.